Sunday, May 4, 2008

Don't Get Me Started.



Yeah. I know.

It's been a stretch since the last update of this blog. I'd like to say it's a long story, but there's really a pretty basic explanation. I got bogged down by a promotion at work, then suddenly found myself relatively un-bogged. In the meantime, the Nevada Palace has completely vanished. Every now and then in the past two months I've snapped a photo or two with my cellphone.











Nothing left now, and they're ready to begin paving the parking lot. It's a bit depressing to see even the old Vegas landmarks go away, but the new Cannery looks like a decent place and I'll check it out. They're opening in August.


Not far from my crappy job, there's a Wal-Mart. Hell, it can be argued that not far from everything there is a Wal-Mart. So, like any other 40-year-old man with a Vegas blog, I always head straight for the toy section and look at the boobs on the action figures.



Some chick from the Dark Horse Body Bags comic book. I don't know the character's name, but it's an accurate representation of the comic character in that she has massive breasts. I have a couple of issues in storage in Texas, I think. I just have to wonder how many of these are selling. I think they'd sell more if the clothing was removable. Possibly to me. I'm just sayin'.



Genuine licensed Barbie Grease dolls. Pictured: Frenchy, the pink-haired beauty school dropout, Sandy, the virginal 30-year-old Australian high-school senior, and Rizzo, the cigarette-smoking slut. For complete realism, Rizzo should come with a home-pregnancy kit. It always bugged me that Didi Cohn, the actress who played Frenchy, didn't have a bigger career. She was in Almost Summer and then lip-synched herself to a starring role in the movie version of the song You Light Up My Life and was back just in time for Grease 2. Then she was on Benson. I always thought she deserved better. Well, at least these clothes are removable.


I can't verify that this is a genuine Barbie product...but I'm pretty sure it is, or it wouldn't be shelved with them. Mattel is pretty strict about its shelf space, and Wal-Mart doesn't screw around. Anyway. Wow. Most highly-sexualized Barbie ever. Clothes are not only removable, but they're barely there anyway. Nice feathered '70s hair.


Construction continues on the Tommy's Burger next to the Wal-Mart at Nellis and Boulder Highway. This is a huge deal because it's a long way out to the location at Eastern and St. Rose Parkway, and Tommy's makes some kick-ass chili burgers. I can taste them now.


Amusingly-named product located at Albertsons. I know it's immature. But...yam glaze. For times when one has to glaze one's own yams, it's good to know that Albertsons is open 24/7.


These people are not dead. Welcome to the park next to the downtown transit terminal. Each and every one of these people are useful and industrious individuals when they're not drunk. Which is hardly ever, to be honest.




The pigeons at the downtown transit terminal are not scared of you. They walk right up to you and hit you up for change. I suspect that they are the reincarnated souls of homeless people. Pigeons, like homeless people, are silent and strike quickly. You see them and then, like that they're gone. Like Kaiser Soze, or ninjas, or something.


Cops behind the restaurant where I work, shaking down the homeless. They recently built a small tent city behind the Long John Silver's next door and keep getting evicted. They frequently come into the lobby and dig through the trash for food, and yet almost always can afford large cans of beer. It's a mystery.



Vehicle spotted in the Long John Silver's parking lot next door. Apparently an advance diplomatic vehicle for Darth Vader's Imperial Guard. Seriously. Someone is driving this around. And probably without any shame whatsoever.



Plaza Hotel downtown. Home of the "Lucky 7's Buffet", which is not bad for $7.77 any time of the day. I did have trouble getting a beverage refill, and they were completely out of cheesecake when I was there, but it was during a peak period and I see how these things can happen.


Promotion spotted outside of Binion's. Fake Vanna White seems a million miles away, Fake Joe Rogan seems to really be into the game, and Fake Ed Begley Jr. looks on approvingly. Please note that he is absolutely not looking at the cleavage of Fake Vanna White. I mean, not even trying. This, along with the classy Hawaiian shirt, indicates to me that Fake Ed is a boob man. Fake Vanna, while doing okay for herself, is less than an f-cup and not to be seriously considered by any self-respecting tit freak.

Or maybe I'm just projecting.

No comments: